Eden Phillpotts

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.

10 February 2009

Laundry

So, I did laundry at school for the first time today. It's not that I haven't done it all year - I usually just do it when I visit home. But I was definitely due for clean clothes. Anyway, I learned a lot about how public  laundry rooms work. It's much more aggressive than one might expect. Or at least than I expected. I lost my washer and dryer a couple times due to more active customers. But at least it's only 75 cents a cycle, compared to 2 dollars at some of my friends' universities. Evergreen likes to keep living here easy and cheap. That's one of the reasons why we have 20% budget cut for next year. But enough about money. 

I have suddenly become ten times cleaner than I was last year. It's interesting how every few months, a sudden growth in cleanliness occurs since leaving home. At first, I was pretty clean. Then I was even cleaner. Now, I'm far more organized than I ever thought I could be. Sure, there are people out there much more meticulous than I am, but still. The fact remains that I am suddenly a generally well organized human being. I like this change. My step mom will undoubtedly be  irritated - though not surprised - in that way that people are when there suspicions are confirmed when she reads this. If she reads this. But it is a strange fact of life that as we get older, we change. Very strange indeed.

Anyway, it was mainly this impulse to stay clean that led to my vow today to always do laundry once a week or every other week, depending on how quickly it builds up. That way, I'll only have to do one load at a time. But, really, laundry isn't interesting enough to keep going on about...

Hope you all are keeping clean.

Peace&love

1 comment:

Nanpants said...

Unfortunately you do not keep your body very clean, i thinks it's actually gone down hill from last year. ;)