Eden Phillpotts

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.

24 February 2009

Healing

I talked to my professor today about all my crazy emotional problems. I'd been falling behind lately - apathy started to kick in, and I was sleeping all the time and not eating. I wasn't particularly sad, but mostly because I didn't understand it. After talking to Rob, I felt the real sadness kicking in. He helped me work through my issues to the point that I even know what I need to do now. He gave me perspective and advice and true compassion. I think that conversation honestly changed my life in a weird way and it gave me the kick I needed to get my life back together. This guy (who is quickly becoming one of my role models here on campus) showed me something I never expected from him. Sometimes, that's all one needs to really gain some greater perspective. And I love him for it.

For all you struggling freshmen out there, remember you can talk to your professors. They DO care about you. As long as you're at Evergreen, anyway.

To family, I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Just a little normal freshman drama. :D

No comments: