Eden Phillpotts

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.

01 January 2009

A new year

So, it is the first day in the Gregorian calendar 2009, as you may know, but tonight is no different than any other night except the fireworks.  We have entered a new year. I feel like I should have resolutions simply for tonight, but everything I have decided to do for the upcoming months was decided weeks ago. I will do even better in school, I will spend more time discovering myself (cheesy, I know), and I will dedicate myself to something greater than my own personal gains. I am glad for January because it means a quarter of Russian literature studies, but really, I feel no different. But I hope that everyone is enjoying the night and finding in themselves a drive to do better that will last them beyond a few weeks. Don't let yourself down; don't forget the promises you make to yourself; take yourself seriously.

And with that, I say good night and good luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOOO glad to have you -your blog- back!
I have been checking it faithfully -hoping to hear more-
thought of emailing to you separately but figured that you were doing what you needed to do and that you probably didn't need me to bother you about it...

happy new year to you too!