Eden Phillpotts

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.

03 January 2009

Home again, home again...

I'm finally back in Olympia. Visiting Edmonds was great, don't get me wrong - but I'd forgotten how much I love it here. I spent the last day organizing my books (I just received ten for next quarter in the mail and I brought several more down with me from break), CDs, movies, papers, clothes, shoes, scarves, and many other things, and now I am finally settled in my apartment. I also spent a good amount of time revamping my Russian so I can have a decent start on Tuesday when classes pick up again.

The best part of being back, though, is that I have my Greener family again. Almost. A majority of them are still gone, but the few who I've gotten to see have greatly increased my happiness. I'm really glad to be home. 

Next quarter is Russian  literature studies, so I feel that the next few months will be much more exciting than the last few - though I did love the history. We'll be reading a different book a week, from Dostoevskii's Notes from the Underground to Turgenev's Fathers and Sons, and all the way back to Pushkin and The Queen of Spades

On the other hand, I lost the ten hours a week I had at the Child Care Center due to the change, so I'm once again financially unstable. I do have all my tuition and housing paid for, but I'm hoping to find another job to cover travel expenses and any other non-school related purchases. 

So this feels like a real new beginning. I'm essentially jobless, but I've got the coolest class coming up. Hopefully I'll have more time for weight-training with Clint.


Hope all is well with everyone. Happy late new year!


Peace

No comments: