Eden Phillpotts

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.

03 March 2009

Love and Marriage

So, as I may have mentioned, my two best friends here in Oly are Russell and Aidyn. The two of them hooked up a few months ago, and I served as a confidant to both the whole way through. Today, on the most beautiful day in a while, they announced they're getting married.

Now, I know some will judge, but they're in their twenties, they're madly in love, and they really do want to spend the rest of their lives together. Really. When you look at them together, you see something incomprehensible. Some fantastic force that you can almost feel yourself. It reminds me of my parents. They way the look at each other. The way they smile. And only just today, after making the decision to stay together, the two have transformed completely. They glow with such happiness and love. I know this is really cheesy, but I see something in Russell's and Aidyn's faces unprecedented and powerful.

I am so happy. I can't imagine anything else that could make me feel this way right now. It's truly wonderful.


(tonight, while celebrating)

No comments: