Eden Phillpotts

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.

20 December 2008

Back for More

So, it's been a couple months since I've posted. I have a good reason, though, since I had no computer for a few weeks, and then the work in my program became far more strenuous than I ever imagined. But I'm back, and I will continue to blog.

On the subject of work, if anyone still thinks Evergreen sounds like an easy school, they are dead wrong. I've known more people who've dropped out of school here because it was too difficult than I would have guessed before I started my program. But now I get it.

So many students come to Evergreen expecting a stoner school. Easy work, easy access to drugs, no grades. But the review and evaluation process is stressful and difficult, the work is engaging and seemingly abundant, and the professors hold their students to high levels. That being said, weed, among other substances, is very easily accessible, and parties are about as frequent as seminars. But the level of professionalism, intellectualism, and dedication amongst the long-term students is impressive. Even though we're all a bit lazy (hey, we're undergraduates...), we all love to be in school.

And that's why I love Evergreen. 

No comments: